Online Casino Bonuses
Real Money Online Casino Bonuses
Online casino bonuses have always been a welcome sight to every player looking to join a new online casino. They effectively give users more money to play with or provide them with other prizes, enticing them to gamble longer.
The best casino bonus offered increases a player’s bankroll significantly, but every casino bonus undoubtedly improves a player’s chances of winning more. The best part is that these promotions come in various shapes and forms, most notably the famous offers like the welcome package, reload bonuses, free spins, and free chips for table games or live casino games.
Note that bonuses come with specific terms and conditions. However, those with even slightly favorable terms let players win more as they effectively allow longer plays, higher betting amounts, and increased jackpot chances.
This piece will cover real money online casino bonuses, how they work, how terms work, how to find the best casino bonuses, how to claim and use them, and so much more. Most of all, it will feature a detailed list of some of the best bonuses you can get at the moment, so keep on reading.
Types of Casino Bonuses
Casino bonuses come in various shapes and forms, typically categorized differently depending on the source. Each one is a bit different from the other, but the underlying theme is the same — they provide players with funds and other prizes that help with playing offered casino games.
You’ll often find:
- Online casino promotions like deposit bonuses (match bonuses) that will match the player’s deposit or a specific percentage of it.
- Time-limited bonuses that give players free spins or free chips for a specific game.
- Free spin offers that hand players a specific number of free spins for slot games in exchange for a deposit.
The list can go on and on.
The good news is that users generally see that these bonuses belong only to a handful of groups, and we’ll write about all of them in the following few sections.
The welcome bonus is the primary bonus type players get at practically every online casino today. What’s more, a casino is hardly worth joining if it doesn’t have a welcome bonus.
A welcome bonus can come in many shapes and forms, but it always works the same — it offers a prize for signing up and depositing for the first time. In most cases, a player’s deposit bonus gets matched to the deposited amount. Often, players will get an additional dozen or so free spins as well.
The best part about this type of internet casino bonuses is that they are almost always higher value and incredibly beneficial for every casino player.
Players could get a single big bonus that provides enough money for longer plays or even get a series of deposit bonuses, each lasting for a while.
Take a look at an example claiming most welcome bonuses:
- Visit the official website of the casino.
- Click on the bonus or the Join/Register button (read its requirements and terms and conditions).
- Complete the registration and verification procedures by inputting all the required data.
- Once finished, the deposit page opens to offer the bonus.
- Make the required deposit.
- Once the deposited money appears in the account, claim the bonus, and start using it.
Bonuses for Specific Games
Today, numerous bonuses are game-specific — be it a single game, an entire library of a particular provider, or just a few games the casino has chosen.
With these bonuses, players always have to use the funds or free spins/chips given in specific games.
The most common type of game-specific bonus is the free spin offers. These offers exclusively work on slots, and often they only work on specific slot games.
In other, albeit rare cases, players get free chips that work only on table games like baccarat and blackjack. In other cases, such chips would be available in live dealer games, but such bonuses are rare and often exclusive to live dealer casinos.
Also, these bonuses usually come with requirements like a specific deposit, just like with welcome bonuses and most other bonuses from a wide range of trusted online gambling sites.
No Deposit Bonuses
The smallest group of bonuses are the no deposit bonuses. These promotions effectively require players to deposit nothing. The only requirement is to join the casino, and that’s it.
These bonuses sound like the best ones of all, but unfortunately, no online casino is ready just to hand out cash, so they impose conditions like:
- Higher wagering requirements
- Limits to win amounts
In most cases, these bonuses will either give players free chips or free money to use on real money games. But these amounts will likely be small, for instance, $20 or 25 free spins for a specific game.
How Online Bonuses Work
Bonuses come in many forms — some require bonus codes, some work automatically, some require contact with customer support via live chat or email, and some are simply time-limited.
The good news is that they all boil down to the same thing, or in other words, they all give players something in return for a deposit or registration. How all of this works is pretty simple and easy to do. Take a look below.
- Upon registering, visit the Promotions/Bonuses page.
- Take a look at the offers, and choose the one that stands out. Don’t worry; other bonuses stay available for further play.
- Complete the requirements for claiming the chosen bonus. In most cases, this will likely only be a specific minimum deposit. However, if the bonus requires bonus codes, the casino will probably offer one.
- Complete the deposit process via the Cashier section and wait for a few seconds or minutes for the money to arrive.
- The casino will then automatically reward players with the bonus, or players can simply go back to the Promotions tab and claim it themselves.
The process might differ slightly from casino to casino, but it essentially boils down to these steps.
Bonus codes are often an important part of the casino bonus experience. Many casinos will offer them to affiliates for promotional purposes. They don’t change anything about the actual bonus but are just there, creating an incentive for others to get more players to the casino or get referrals and rewards in the process.
These codes are a common sight in casinos, so players need to:
- Check that they are included within the bonus description.
- Check the terms for additional information.
- Contact customer support in case of a promo bonus code but no code found in the description or terms. Some casinos hand out codes like this.
If you can’t find a code, then the casino doesn’t use them, which is also common.
When players come across a bonus code, they should do the following:
- Visit their account.
- Get to the Cashier section.
- Go on to make a deposit.
- Input the code in the bonus code field.
- Complete the deposit.
- Wait for the money to arrive.
- Complete the bonus claiming procedure.
Start playing games and using the bonus funds.
Understanding Online Casino Bonuses
Players should always learn what they’re dealing with in advance, regardless of the bonus. This guide and everything in it will help significantly, but players still need to check what the casino offers and carefully look through the bonus terms and conditions (T&Cs).
Finding the biggest payouts online through the best casino bonuses is important, but it can turn out to be nothing if players avoid going through the T&Cs.
These terms matter, as they show how the bonus works, what to do to get it, how to use it and how not to use it, and most notably, what to do to cash out with the winnings from it.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the most important factors to consider about a bonus.
A significant majority of the bonuses are deposit bonuses/matched bonuses. For these offers, the main thing to grasp is the percentage match. It tells the percentage of the player’s deposit the casino will end up matching.
So, for instance:
- If the offer is a 400% bonus, the player gets 400% free on their deposit. In other words, if by depositing $100, players get an additional $400 for free and consequently get a total of $500 for gambling.
- If the offer is a 100% bonus and the player deposits $100, they get an additional $100 for a total of $200.
Every bonus has a size, or in other words, how much players can get from it. This size is most notably connected to the deposit/matched bonuses we just covered, and it’s connected to the percentage the casino gives.
In other words, the bonus represents a specific matched percentage for up to a particular amount. That amount is the bonus size, or, in other words, the maximum amount up to which the casino will award money for free.
To understand how this works, consider these examples:
- A casino offers a 100% deposit bonus of up to $300. This means that a player can get $300 in bonus funds, so it makes sense to deposit only up to $300. In this scenario, a player gets a total of $600 for gambling, $300 of which is their deposit, while the other $300 comes from the casino.
- Let’s consider a different example with a much bigger offer, as these bonuses are common. A 200% bonus up to $2,500. In this bonus, a player can get as much as $2,500 in bonuses. So, by depositing, for instance, $300, a player will get an additional $600. The maximum amount you should deposit here is $1,250, as 200% of that is $2,500.
It might sound a bit confusing, but it’s nothing a calculator won’t solve for you.
Casino Bonus Terms and Conditions
As we already mentioned, reading the T&Cs is incredibly important, and we can’t stress that enough. The terms showcase important details like the wagering requirements, maximum winnings (if any), the bonus expiry date, when the bonus becomes void, and so much more.
Many players avoid reading these terms due to their length, like all T&Cs, which can often result in them losing the bonus and consequently arguing with the customer support over it. So instead, do the smart thing and read the bonus terms to avoid such issues.
Contrary to popular belief, most bonus T&Cs are not that boring — players can read them in a few minutes. Plus, doing that with other bonuses will help players notice the patterns, leading to a newfound understanding of every additional bonus. Reading the T&Cs is extremely important when it comes to bonuses because players benefit from them the most.
How to Calculate the Wagering Requirements
We’ve mentioned the wagering requirements several times now, but how do they work? In short, wagering requirements tell players how many times to gamble their bonus funds to get the ability to withdraw their winnings.
These requirements are also called rollovers or playthrough requirements, and they are typically within the 20x to 60x range. The industry average is around 30x.
These 30x wagering requirements mean that players need to wager the bonus funds 30 times before withdrawing.
Here’s how this looks:
- $300 in bonus funds with the wagering requirement of 30x leads to a wagering amount of 30 x $300 = $9,000 in total.
- $500 in bonus funds with the wagering requirement of 25x leads to a wagering amount of 25 x $500 = $12,500.
The numbers might seem like a lot, but it’s actually quite optimal. Players will typically get at least 95% of the money they’ve invested back, thus completing the requirements easily.
Also, the requirements are necessary for two reasons:
- They prevent players from simply claiming the bonus and immediately cashing out.
- They allow casinos not to lose all of their funds on bonuses.
However, sometimes these requirements might be unfair. Avoid the bonus if:
- The wagering requirement is more than 50x.
- The wagering requirement is high, and it pertains to both the deposited amount and the bonus funds, not just the latter.
Additional Bonus Details to Know
Let’s take a closer look at a few more details:
- Free spins — If the bonus contains free spins, players get to use them on slots. They essentially let players spin the reels for free, and whatever they win from these, they get to keep. In most cases, the free spins are void of wagering requirements, but there is a maximum win amount. If there are wagering requirements, they are usually small.
- Game restrictions — Whenever there are wagering requirements, there are likely game restrictions as well. They show which games users can play to meet the requirements and how much of the gambled amount will go towards meeting them. In most cases, only slot games contribute 100% toward the requirements, unless the bonus is for table games, where only the table games will contribute 100%. It’s best to check the bonus terms to learn the game restrictions.
Limited time windows — As we already mentioned briefly, most bonuses come with expiry dates. In other words, the limited time window represents the number of days to use the bonus before it expires. With most bonus funds, the expiry time is 30 days, while for free spins, it’s typically a day or up to seven days if the number of free spins is larger.
Cashing Out the Bonus Money
In all cases with casino bonuses, no matter how great they are, players won’t be able to withdraw the bonus funds and winnings unless they complete specific requirements.
In most cases, completing the wagering requirements is enough. However, in some cases:
- The bonus won’t be cashable and only be used for playing. Thankfully, this is rare.
- There will be a limit to the amount you can win from the bonus, as with many free spin offers.
How to Find the Best Casino Bonuses Online — Checklist
Finding the best bonuses is easy if the players know what to do. Here are a few quick tips that might be of help:
- Check the offers available on our site. We continuously look for the top bonuses and list them out.
- Always look for a better match rate and not a higher max bonus amount, as depositing that much money at once is not advisable for beginners.
- Calculate possible winnings from the deposited amount. Then, make sure it’s worthwhile.
- Always read the terms and conditions before claiming any bonus.
- Check which games count toward the wagering requirement. It’s important a casino offers a wide range of games convenient for the bonus in question.
- Take a look at the expiry time for the bonus.
Upon locating the bonus, sign up, deposit, claim the reward and check your final status. Then go ahead and play casino games to win real money.
Hopefully, this guide has everything players need to know about casino bonuses and how they work.
Now, players can choose a bonus on our site that works the best for them, sign up at the casino and make a deposit to claim the bonus. Then they can start playing, having fun, and completing the requirements for cashing out their winnings.
FAQ About Real Money Online Casino Bonuses
Below are some of the questions players frequently ask about Real Money Online Casino Bonuses.
A casino bonus is an offer given by an online casino that offers money or some other prize in return for a deposit or signing up for an account. It’s an incentive to get people to use the casino, and it can be beneficial for both the casino and the player.
A no deposit bonus is a promotional offer that doesn’t require the player’s deposit to get it. In most cases, a player only needs to register for an account to get this small prize.
The rollover requirement shows how many times a player needs to wager their bonus funds before cashing out the winnings.
Yes. By meeting the requirements for withdrawal and with a little bit of luck, players can win a significant sum from most good casino bonuses.
USA Casino Sites News
- Professional Slap Fighting Approved In NevadaNovember 16, 2022
USA Deposit Options
How to Play Casino Games
Get Exclusive Bonus offers
Enter your email below to get the latest bonus offers.